Rose Bowl Classic 2020 Rules
1. Portland Rose Bowl Classic is a mixed competition open to men and women. Rose Bowl is limited to the first registered 36 teams.
Rose Bowl Classic will be a
2. The receipt of an entry and its acceptance by the
3. Entries must be accompanied by the full amount of fees as outlined on
this entry form.
4. Team strength will consist of four (4) members of any blend of men or
women, competing on an equal basis in each event.
Partial teams or single entries not designating a desired team or
teammate on their entry form will be assigned by the registrar.
There can be no changes once assigned.
Doubles partners must come from the same team.
To ensure that your team bowls together include all information
5. There are actually two tournaments in one.
Rose Bowl Classic is our six game format, while Rose Bowl XTRA is
a 9 game format.The number of games per event is set at three (3)
during the Rose Bowl. For
Rose Bowl Classic Six Game Format, Singles is an all events combination
of the Doubles and Team event scores. Rose Bowl XTRA bowls its own
Singles Event. ( Please Note
that any portion of your base entry fee that would have gone to the
Combo-Singles All Events is actually converted over to the SINGLES
format to add to your total winnings
Please Note that any portion of your base entry fee that would have gone to the Combo-Singles All Events is actually converted over to the SINGLES format to add to your total winnings.) All entrants will bowl only once in each event.
6. Substitutes are allowed to bowl at the Tournament Director’s discretion. A Substitute is required to provide accurate and immediately verifiable proof of average as outlined in these rules.
7. Late bowlers will start bowling in the frame in which they are ready to bowl. Prior frames will be scored as zero. No practice balls will be allowed for late bowlers. If an event has officially started, a team has the right to request that a substitute bowler immediately take the place of a missing/late bowler. If a suitable substitute is available, they will be supplied to the requesting team. The missing/late bowler forfeits their entry fee for that event.
8. Team Captains must check in for their teams at least 30 minutes prior to the start of each event.
9. All claims of error must be submitted in writing at least 30 minutes after an event ends.
10. Cash prizes: Each event has its own prize list based on a minimum of 1 to 10 ratio of return, including both Singles Events. We proudly feature a 100% + cash return on all prize fees.
11. Any and all other events or options offered by the
1. Verification of all bowlers’ entering averages must accompany the entry form. All bowlers are required to submit average verification with their entry form or it may be returned without processing. The return of any entry may impact the date-sensitive entry fee, increasing the base fee. All bowlers are forewarned that waiting for a master list of league averages to be sent by their league secretary does not fulfill this requirement.
3. All bowlers who have won prize of $300 or more in any one event in
the last 12 months must report their actual scores, position and amount
won at the time of this entry.
Failure to do so could result in disqualificaton from the
bowlers are cautioned to be aware of the average adjustment requirements
4. All bowlers are required to submit their previous year’s averages.
If a bowler’s 2019-20 average is more than ten pins lower than
their 2018-19 average, a five (5 pin maximum drop rules will apply
5. Handicaps will be calculated at 90% of the difference between 230 scratch and the entering average. Negative handicaps will not apply.
6. Professional bowlers, identified as belonging to a professional bowling organization shall not be permitted to bowl in this tournament.
7. For an average to qualify, 21 or more games must have been bowled in
league play. The
average used shall be the highest of: A) High average as of
8. If no League average exists, as outline above, then the entering average will be set at the tournament average of 230, with zero (0) handicap. Rose Bowl will accept an IGBO Tournament Average of 21 games if 21 games exist by the May 1st deadline.
9. It is each bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her average, whether submitted by the bowler, team captain of others. Failure to report, and thereby use an incorrect average may result in disqualification, unless corrected during registration, prior to bowling.
10. All averages, team lineup or other pertinent scoring and lane information must be corrected within 48 hours of receipt of bowler’s confirmation sent via email by the Tournament Registrar. Failure to contact the Registrar within that time frame will result in a $5.00 late processing fee on registration night. (Last minute changes often result in errors between the bowling house and the tournament score keeper. This $5.00 late processing fee is designed to minimize the number of last minute changes.)
11. Rose Bowl Classic occurs the week after IGBO International.
Therefore our Registrar may be delayed in comfirming averages, possibly
to the week of the actual Rose Bowl. Once an application is
received, The Tournament Director or team will inform you of its
11. Rose Bowl Classic occurs the week after IGBO International. Therefore our Registrar may be delayed in comfirming averages, possibly to the week of the actual Rose Bowl. Once an application is received, The Tournament Director or team will inform you of its receipt.
2007-15 Trific's Designs. - All Rights Reserved